OPERATION MADE EASY!
Revised user interface in CANoe: in the last newsletter, we reported in the article “Revised operating concept for the comemso CCS project” on how your constructive feedback shapes our work. The results of your feedback have now already been incorporated into our development work and we would like to take this opportunity to give you an initial overview of what you can expect.
STREAMLINED AND SIMPLIFIED
The revised user interface in CANoe is clearer, easier to understand, and more intuitive. In the future, you can select the preconfigured user-levels depending on the requirements or knowledge level of the respective user.
There will be four user groups to choose from: Three “developer groups” (“BEGINNER”, “COMPETENT”, “EXPERT”) and one group, called “PRODUCTION”, intended for end-of-line testing. First, a user-level is selected. Within the selected user level, you will then find different “OPERATION MODES”, which in turn are matched in their complexity to the respective user level.
WHAT ARE THE FOCAL POINTS OF THE USER LEVELS?
- The “BEGINNER” focuses on simplicity: Intended for new employees who are just starting with the system or “to simply simulate an EV or EVSE for a short time”.
- “COMPETENT” prioritizes the high-level communication tests and offers for this the “Extended and Professional” simulation for PLC timings and PLC content configuration you are already used to. The DIN 70121 and ISO 15118-4 and -5 conformance test libraries are also available here. The ISO 15118-20 EV-Sim and EVSE-Sim will also be available here and will be supplied free of charge with an existing maintenance contract.
- In addition to all evaluation options, the “EXPERT” user-level also includes sophisticated tests for fault simulation, in particular the electrical fault tests.
WHAT BENEFITS CAN YOU EXPECT?
- Get a quick overview of the active “Operation Mode” through an optimised process display: For example, all unneeded tabs for the selected operation mode have been removed. You only see the information you actually need.
- The control panel on the main panel shows the same display in each operation mode – so you don’t waste time with unnecessary searches.
- Start and stop the loading process or change the “Operation Mode” without having to stop and restart the current CANoe project.
- Test faster and more efficiently by saving and loading your respective test pre-sets for the entire project.
- … and much more.
WHAT CAN I ALREADY PREPARE?
The new project requires CANoe 15 (at least SP 3, with Smart Charging and Ethernet option) or CANoe 16. Please also note that installing two different CANoe versions on one PC may lead to conflicts. It is also important to note that CANoe 15 uses more system resources: Make sure that the Power Mode of your PC is set to “Best Performance”.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING, RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
- Processor: Intel core i5 / i7 or comparable; >3 GHz (CANoe profits more from higher frequences than cores); > 4 cores
- Memory (RAM): > 32GB
- Hard disc space: > 20GB (depending on installed options and used system components)
- Resolution: Full HD (1920×1080 pixel)
- Operating System: Windows 10, 64-Bit (>version 1803)
WHEN CAN I UPDATE?
According to current planning, the three user-levels “BEGINNER”, “COMPETENT” and “EXPERT” will be delivered as part of an update during the first quarter of 2023; the release of the user-level “PRODUCTION” has yet to be announced. Please keep in mind that the update will be delivered directly to you as part of an existing maintenance contract. If you do not have a maintenance contract yet, but are interested in the update, please contact one of our sales representatives via .